The Miller House was a well-known hotel that stood at the corner of Main and Elm Streets in Malone (on the site of the current Flanagan Hotel). Built as the residence of W.D. House, it was purchased by Orlando Furness and enlarged into a hotel. Furness' son-in-law, Philip B. Miller, became its proprietor in 1834 when Furness died. Miller ran the hotel from 1834-1857, when Alexander and Mary Flanagan purchased it. They ran it until 1871, when they took over the Ferguson House (across the street). (It's their sons who built the current Flanagan Hotel). The Miller House was torn down in 1886.
Click on image to enlarge
From the collection of the Franklin County Historical & Museum Society, 1969.106.1