Handwritten on the back is: "Munger Grist Mill, Lower Park Street, Malone 1892"
From Seaver (1918), p. 450:
"A stone flouring mill, five stories in height, near the Gravell plant, which was begun by George F. Dickey in 1868 and finished in 1870, with the expectation that it would have an output comparable with that of the large mills at Oswego and Rochester. It was too big a proposition for Mr. Dickey's means, however, and the property soon went into the hands of Henry A. Paddock. About 1882 it was bought and run by A. Munger for a number of years. For a time it did an ordinary country mill business, and after Mr. Munger's death was converted into an excelsior mill. It burned in 1911."
The "Gravell plant" referenced was a slaughter house and pork packing plant north of the center of the Village of Malone. (ibid) Excelsior (wood wool) is a product made of stranded wood fibers - once used as protective packaging in wood crates and as filling material for bedding and furniture products, and now used as Easter basket grass, in cooling pads, animal bedding, erosion control and archery backstops.